About the Chamber
The Giles County Chamber of Commerce is conveniently located in downtown Pearisburg on Route 100. Many of our members have taken this unique, and highly visible opportunity to display their businesses services or products in our large display window for a full month.The window is available on a first come, first serve basis and reservation are being taken now for next year. The “Coming Events” window gives anyone and everyone an opportunity to inform the public of events of community interest and is a free service of the Chamber.
We also have ample space within our facility to place brochures, rack cards, business cards and information packets about your business or service, as well as, the staff of volunteers who graciously work to promote your business to interested parties who call or request information on the area in general.
The Chamber is all about distributing information and providing opportunities for networking to enhance the Giles County quality of life and sustain our local economy.
What Can the Giles County Chamber of Commerce Do For You?
- We can include you in our mailing list and send newsletters of local happenings.
- We can arrange for ribbon cutting ceremonies with newspaper coverage.
- We can show your display in our road front office window.
- We can list your contact information on our website.
- We can link your website from our website.
- We can list your events on the online Giles County/Chamber Calendar.
- We can invite you to numerous social events allowing opportunity to meet and network with other citizens and business owners.
- We can increase your exposure via after hours mixers and informational luncheons.
- We can have your literature available in our office.
- We can offer suggestions and guidance with any local concerns you might have.
- We are open to customized suggestions from you.
- We promote your business by encouraging citizens to spend and donate locally.
- We are trying to arrange for insurance discounts for Chamber members.
- We are trying to arrange for assisted transportation.
Here is a small sample of networking success
stories from one person’s observations.
- Chamber involvement led to summer job for college student.
- Chamber involvement led to repeat business for local caterer.
- Chamber involvement led to auto sale for local dealership.
- Chamber involvement led to appliance sale for local business.
- Chamber involvement led to event booking for local photographer.
- Chamber involvement led to event booking for local travel agent.
- Chamber involvement led to facility rentals for local establishment.
- Chamber involvement increased awareness for spending and donating locally.
- Chamber involvement increased awareness of local businesses, events, and recreation.
Meet the Board
- Steve Chafin, President – Farm Bureau Insurance
- Keli Ratcliffe, Secretary – Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
- Debbie Morris, Treasurer – Castle Rock Insurance
- Jeff Dinger, Giles Co. Administration
- Cora Gnegy, Giles Co. Tourism Marketing Director
- Jason Buckland, Buckland Law Firm
- Sarah Thwaites, First National Bank of Peterstown, Narrows